SHIP'S LOG FOR THE YEAR 2009
This year marks the 30th anniversary for this particular Chrysler 26 sailboat. Jerry Jessop
did a painting of Avocet.
2009 projects and additions:
- New Jabsco head - thanks to Mike for helping with the tricky install.
- renew VC-17
- Two additional Falcon Line Master LLM2 Mooring compensators for a reconfiguration of the mooring lines.
- Rebed hatch trim and replace wood screws with 6/32 SS bolts.
- New spinnaker halyard - thanks again Mike!
- Beaded spinnaker tack collar which rides over the furled jib keeping the tack near the centerline of the boat - Mike's invention
made out of Melissa & Doug Primary Lacing Beads.
This year saw a number of firsts
- Farthest north return sail in one day to Alice Beach on June 24th.
- Flying the spinnaker with Mike as crew.
- Farthest north return sail in one day to Lipp's Beach on August 11th.
- A downwind run to the Stone Barn with a single reef and return tacking into the wind under a double reef on September 24th with winds of
20 gusting to 30 knots. The photo below shows Mike at the helm.