SHIP'S LOG FOR THE YEAR 2018
After eighteen years with our boat it is time consider selling Avocet. This is a hard
decision to make as we still enjoy sailing out of the Regina Beach Yacht Club and Avocet is such a good boat.
There are many sailboats on the market so what are the special aspects of this sailboat?
- With a fixed keel, Avocet is very stable and always fun to sail.
- Roller furling allows the headsail to be easily set for changing winds providing comfort for captain and crew.
- The boom is rigged with a double mainsheet and provides similar sail control as a more expensive traveler.
- The slotted toerail allows easy adjustment of the head sail and for placing fenders where needed.
- An autohelm frees the captain for other activities.
- The large cockpit hatchway provides ample light and access to the cabin.
- The real teak trim and the teak and holly sole provides an enhanced nautical look.
- A dual battery system provides ample power for lights, starting the engine, and operation of the autohelm.
- The outboard is equipped with electric start and remote cockpit controls.
- Launching and retrieving the sailboat can be easily done with one person onboard.
- Avocet is in excellent condition, well equipped and ready to sail.
- Avocet's webpages provide a complete history of the boat, operation guide and inventory.
The sold graphic was adapted from a jpg created by the TheDigitalArtist and shared on
Avocet has been sold to Randy from Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Renew VC17
- Repair weld on trailer bow capture upright
- Replaced one tire with appropriately sized trailer tire
The first photo shows Avocet's headroom in the galley. I'm 6 foot tall. The second photo shows Avocet's wide hatchway.