page generated: December 29, 2002
- Changes to the links page will not be included here. Check the page if you wish to see if there are any changes.
- Minor changes to pages for spelling corrections, unit corrections etc.. will not usually be listed. For such small
changes it takes just about as long to modify this page as it does to make the changes to the other pages.
- December 29, 2002
- Updates to Croatia in World War Two. Info from Croatian Aces of World War 2, Osprey Aircraft of the Aces #49, Dragan Savic & Boris Ciglic, Osprey Publishing, London 2002.
- November 21, 2002
- New names for U.S.S.R. in World War Two. Info from Trista neizvestnych, P.M. Stefanofskii, Vojenizdat, Moscow 1968 via Ondrej Repka.
- New name (Gutermann) for Germany in World War Two. Info from Dark Sky, Deep Water, Norman Franks, Grub Street, London 1997 via Jari Lappalainen.
- New conflict, Nigerian-Biafran Civil War, with a claim by a Nigerian. Info from Proshchai, Biafra!, Mikhail Zhirovkov & Obunigve Monogonu, Aviamaster 4/2002 via Tomás Polák.
- New name for Finland in the Winter War Info from LeR 3, Suomen Ilmavoimien Historia 18, Kalevi Keskinen & Kari Stenman, Finland 2001 via Jari Lappalainen.
- New entry for Kuwait for the Gulf War. Info from Days of Fear, The Inside Story of the Iraqi Invasion and Occupation of Kuwait, John Levins, Motivate Publishing, London 1997 via Santiago Flores.
- July 28, 2002
- July 23, 2002
- One new name (Desinger) to Germany in World War Two section. Info from Tony Wood's Luftwaffe microfilm research via Jim Perry.
- Twenty-three new names (Antsyrev, Artemiev, Belyakov, Dakhov, Glazkov, Grinev, Ivashkevich, Kanus, Kontsevoi, Lavrenko, Makarenko, Marisaev, Masloboinikov, Ostapchuk, Potekhin, Romanov, Rozhok, Shtokolov, Tsymbal, Vasiliev, Voronchuk, Yevstratov, Zhurin, all serving in 5GvIAP) to
USSR in World War Two section. Info from S aviatsiei cherez XX-oi vek, Georgii Arturovich Baevskii, Delta N.B., Moscow 2001 via Tomás Polák.
- New entry for Argentina in the World War One section. Info from The French Air Service War Chronology, Frank W. Bailey & Christophe Cony, Grub Street Pub., 2002 via Tomás Polák.
- New entry for Pakistan in the India Pakistan Skirmishes. Info from Spy plane an evidence of Indo-Israeli collaboration: PAF", Arshad Sharif, DAWN Group of Newspapers, 11/June/2002 via R.M.S. Azam.
- July 5, 2002
- Six new names to Romania in World War Two section. Info from Les Messerschmitt Bf 109 roumaines, AirMag Hors Serie Numero 1, Paris 2002 via Ondrej Repka.
- Thirty-six (Ahlbrand, Bornemann, Breitfeld, Claussen, Damoser, Diepgen, Dürkop, Federle,
Finkler, Frentzel-Beyme, Fricke, Gräb, Greth, Heisel, Henkemeier, Jung, Kadlcik, Kaufhold,
Kromer, Kuhrke, Malapert, Müller (Karl-Heinz), Nelte, Paulisch, Plaß, Preußger, Quack, Ruland,
Sarzio, Schrade, Spanke, Stiebler, Thörl, Weber, Werner, Zilken) new names to
Germany in World War Two section. Info from Tony Wood's Luftwaffe microfilm research via Jim Perry, Laurent Rizzotti and Gert Pretorius.
- May 24, 2002
- To make the pages a little less drab, there are changes to the major sections in that I have added national flags for the nations involved. I have tried to be as accurate as possible with the flag used for each nation. I have used many web references
to determine which flag seems appropriate for that time period. Please let me know of errors. I will be glad to fix them if the change is documentable. Thanks.
- May 12, 2002
- Changes to Switzerland in World War Two section. Info from Avions No.84, March 2000 and Aero Journal, No. 14, Aug-Sept 2000, Aero Editions via Daniel Reynaud.
- April 18, 2002
- Changes for Egypt in 6 Day War, Egypt and USSR for the War of Attrition 1969-1970, Egypt and Syria for the Yom Kippur War, and
Egypt and Syria for Other Arab/Israeli Skirmishes. Info from MiGy-21 v Egypte a Syrii 1962-73, Vaclav Havrlant, REVI magazine 2001, Ostrava, Czech Republic and Triadvacitky nad Libanonem, Jan Mace, Letectvi a
kosmonautika, June 2001 via Ondrej Repka.
- March 22, 2002
- One new name (Montagne) for France in World War One section. Info from Over the Front, Norman L.R. Franks & Frank W. Bailey, Grub Street, London 1992.
- New entry for Sweden in World War Two section. Info from Air Enthusiast, No.78 November/December 1998 and Aero Journal No.1 June 1998 via Jari Lappalainen.
- February 25, 2002
- Twelve new names (Raneu, Gumprecht, Lehmann, Gramlich, Hölker, Brockerhoff, Dahmen, Scharfenberg, Wiegand, Kruse, Hubatsch, Schenk) for Germany in World War Two section. Info from a variety of sources: researcher Tony Woods, researcher Marcel Hogenhuis,
researcher Erich Brown, and from the book The Peenemünde Raid: The Night of 17-18 August 1943, Martin Middlebrook, Allen Lane, London 1982, via Jim Perry and Dean Wick.
- February 14, 2002
- New entry for Romania for Hungarian Border Conflicts - 1919 in the Between the World Wars section. Info from "Duel dans les Carpates", Denes Bernad, Aero Journal No.23 February/March 2002 via Tomás Polák.
- New info on Nigerian claims during the air supply missions to Biafra found in the Claims with No Names page. Info from Airlift and Airwar in Biafra and Nigeria 1967-1970 by Michael I. Draper, Hikoki Publications, Aldershot, UK 1999 via Jari Lappalainen.
- February 10, 2002
- Changes to Australia and Great Britain in World War Two. There were some names in the Great Britain list that should have been
in the Australia page. Thanks to Gordon Clarke for pointing out the omissions.
- January 30, 2002
- Changes to names, dates, units etc.. for USA and Saudi Arabia in the Gulf War.
- Changes to names, dates, scores for Great Britain in the Falklands War.
- January 17, 2002
- OOOPS! Backed out changes for January 6. Too many distractions over the Christmas and New Years holidays.
- January 6, 2002
Return to Air Aces Home Page